Wednesday, July 21, 2021

My Trainer Made Me Lose My Sanity

 MY TRAINER MADE ME LOSE MY SANITY

Facebook recently showed me a memory from July 2020.
1 year ago I had just finished a weight loss program with a personal trainer where I lost 30#.
What I didn't realize back then was that the trainer and his weight loss program was a perfect set up for disordered eating.
The reason his program worked was because he had me restrict my food to the point where I was barely able to eat anything.
I certainly wasn't eating as much as my body needed, and there were so many foods I wasn't allowed to eat.
No wonder I lost weight. If you starve yourself, you will lose weight.
👉 But the problem is, when you go on a diet, weight isn't the only thing you lose.
You also lose your sanity.
Let me explain what losing your sanity while dieting looks like.
Have you ever been on a diet and found that all you think about is food? Every day, all day, you spend your time obsessing about all of the food you're not allowed to eat. Then, after a few days, you break down because you can't take it anymore, and you eat everything in sight.
But as soon as you take your last bite, the shame sets in. The shame sets in as you take inventory of all of the "bad food" you just ate that you weren't supposed to eat on your diet.
So you vow to get back on your diet. And the cycle of restrictive eating and yo-yo dieting starts again.
That's my definition of losing your sanity. Dieting absolutely sucks!
So in July 2020, my FB memory showed me that although I had lost 30#, I was sicker than I had ever been before.
Back then, I thought the answer to my problems was going on a restrictive diet. My trainer was dangerous, but at the time I didn't realize it. I thought he knew what he was doing.
Now I know he was leading me down a very unhelpful path.
In our society, dieting is so common that we never stop to question it. Why do we let a trainer tell us what to eat? Why do we think a trainer knows what our body needs more than we know?
When you think about it, it makes no sense.
Thankfully, I finally broke free from the thinking that says diets are the way to go and losing weight by whatever means necessary is the ideal.
I've learned a new way to live.🎉
✅ How would you like to be able to live your life without going on another diet?
✅ How would you like to love yourself RIGHT NOW in your current body?
✅ How would you like to eat whatever food your body actually wants?
✅ How would you like to stop putting food into "good" and "bad" categories, and just enjoy food for what it is without feeling guilt?
This is how you get your sanity back around food, and I can help you reclaim it.
I have been where you are now, and trust me, it's not a pleasant place to be.
Now, I eat what I want, when I want it. I've still actually lost weight as my body readjusts to my natural set point. And, I don't have to starve myself or deal with some trainer yelling at me for eating too many grams of carbs.

P.S. - If you're a woman who wants to learn more about self-love and body acceptance, sign up for my newsletter. It's filled with so much good info. I can't wait to share it with you! Sign up here

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,