Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Have You Ever Eaten to Deal with the Stress of Work?

HAVE YOU EVER EATEN TO DEAL WITH THE STRESS OF WORK? 🙋🏽‍♀️

Tell me if this sounds familiar.
🍟 Work is stressful...so you eat to cope.
🍰 You have deadlines to meet...so you eat to cope.
🍪 You have a ton of patients to see...so you eat to cope.
🍦 You have families that are upset...so you eat to cope.
🍕 You're burned out from work...so you eat to cope.
🍩 You're short-staffed again...so you eat to cope.

I completely understand, because I've been there before myself.

I've been a doctor for 17 years, and over the years, I'd developed an unhelpful habit of eating to deal with stress.

When I think about it, it probably started in med school, or maybe even in college. Eating became one of my go-to ways to deal with the enormous pressure I was under.

Maybe you understand where I'm coming from because eating is also how you deal with stress, especially the stress from the last year.

If you gained weight this past year, don't beat yourself up. You simply didn't know a better way to deal with your stress.

It's not surprising that you gained weight when you think about how good food makes us feel. It's meant to be pleasurable.

However, the problem comes when we consistently use food to make us feel better. We choose to get high on food, because when we do, the pain lessens.

When our brains get a dopamine hit from eating candy or chips, it makes us feel better.

That feeling is short-lived, though.

Before you know it, you're chasing the high that food gives you, and you're eating more and more just to deal with life.

I've lived it so I know exactly what you're going through.

🎉 The good news is, THERE IS A BETTER WAY! 🎉

I recently went back to work, and it was incredibly stressful. But you know what I didn't do? I didn't eat just to numb my emotions.

Instead, I found other ways to deal with my stress.

It sounds so easy, but if it were as easy as it sounds, none of us would ever reach for comfort food as a way to feel better.

It took me awhile to learn this, and now that I know it, I'm taking what I learned and teaching it to you.

P.S. - If you're a woman who wants to learn more about self-love and body acceptance, sign up for my newsletter. It's filled with so much good info. I can't wait to share it with you! Sign up here

Labels: , , , , , , ,