Wednesday, July 21, 2021

You Don't Have to Eat the Entire Bag of Candy

JUST BECAUSE THE BAG OF CANDY IS SITTING THERE DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO EAT THE WHOLE THING.

I had an awesome experience today. I wanted some candy. If you've been following my posts, you know that I no longer follow diet culture rules, and instead follow the principles of intuitive eating.
In other words, IF I WANT SOME CANDY, I ALLOW MYSELF TO HAVE SOME CANDY!

Let me tell you how amazing it feels to give myself permission to eat candy whenever I want it. 🎉

The reason I'm able to do this is because I'm no longer eating candy to dull my emotions. Instead, I only eat candy now if I truly want it.

LET ME EXPLAIN MORE...

How many times have you eaten sweets, but when you really stop to think about it, you were only eating it to make you feel better about something else going on in your life?

It's not your fault. That's how our culture teaches us to respond.

👉🏽You have a bad day at work? Eat some M&M's.
👉🏽Get in a fight with your spouse? Eat a Snickers bar.
👉🏽Your kids stressing you out? Eat some skittles...then eat some ice cream too while we're at it.

That's how so many of us react to stress, and it's how I used to react to stress too.

I used to eat to make the pain go away. Anyone identify with this? 🙋🏽‍♀️

But I don't do that anymore because I've learned a better way (and I can teach you a better way too).

Now if I'm stressed or upset, I deal with it through ways that don't involve eating.

That means I only eat candy when I actually want candy...not because I'm trying to run away from something else in my life.

Learning how to do this has been so transformative.

Today, when I bought myself candy, I really thought about it after every bite. I checked in with myself. I asked myself if I felt satisfied or if I wanted more.

Once I'd had enough, I stopped. Well, to be completely honest, I probably ate one more handful past feeling satisfied, but the point is, THERE WAS STILL CANDY LEFT IN THE BAG WHEN I GOT DONE!🎉🎉🎉

I did not feel like I had to eat it all just because it was there! 😀

How many times have you bought a bag of candy, or cookies, or chips, and before you know it, you've eaten it all?

And not just that, but you can't even really remember what it tasted like.

You were distracted while you ate it. And since you were eating it in reaction to something (anxiety, pain, fear, stress), your only thought was to eat it as fast as possible so you could feel better.

How many times have you wished you knew another way to cope?

✅ The good news is, I've learned another way to deal with life without eating to avoid feeling my feelings.
✅ So now, when I do choose to eat sweets, I can stop when I've had enough because I'm eating strictly for the enjoyment of the food...and nothing more.

👉 Do you want this for your life too?
👉 If so, I can help you.

MY COACHING PROGRAMS ARE FOR:
📌 Women who identify as emotional eaters.
📌 Women who are tired of dieting all the time.
📌 Women who are tired of hating themselves and their bodies.
📌 Women who want to learn how to love ALL of themselves.
📌 Women who no longer want to use food to escape from the stress of life.
📌 Women who want to learn how to listen to their body by eating when they're hungry and stopping when they're full.

WITH MY UNIQUE METHOD, YOU WILL LEARN:
🏖 How to ditch the diet mentality
🏖 How to overcome emotional eating
🏖 How to love yourself now
🏖 How to stop worrying all the time about calories, points, and macros
🏖 How to eat according to your body's natural hunger and fullness cues.

I can't change the fact that negative emotions will come. What I can teach you to change is your response to those negative emotions.

You do not have to use food to cope with the stress of your life anymore.

You can learn how to eat the candy just because you want some, then leave the rest of it in the bag when you've had enough.

P.S. - If you're a woman who wants to learn more about self-love and body acceptance, sign up for my newsletter. It's filled with so much good info. I can't wait to share it with you! Sign up here

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,