Wednesday, July 21, 2021

I Wore the Dress!!!

I WORE THE DRESS!!! 👗 🎉

A few weeks ago I went shopping. While at the store, I wanted to buy a certain dress, but it was sleeveless and I was feeling self-conscious about my arms.

In the end I bought the dress, I brought it home, and I wore the dress anyway.😀

Even though I still had some hesitation about wearing it in public, I decided to let my healthy voice win.

You see, we all have an “unhealthy voice” in our heads and a “healthy voice”.

Our unhealthy voice is the voice that tells us “you look fat in that outfit” or “you need to lose weight” or “are you sure you want to eat that? Look at the calorie count”.

Our healthy voice says “these are my arms and there’s nothing wrong with them” or “this dress is beautiful and I’m going to wear it anyway”.

This time, I chose to listen to my healthy voice, and I’m so glad I did.❤️

👉🏾The process of learning to accept your body isn’t always easy, but it is possible.

Just like me, I’m sure you have a dress or outfit sitting in your closet that you haven’t worn because you don’t feel attractive enough in it.

I just want to encourage you to reject your unhealthy voice and wear it anyway.

When I wore my dress, I felt beautiful. I’m so happy I decided to accept myself for how I look and put on the dress. 👗

P.S. - If you're a woman who wants to learn more about self-love and body acceptance, sign up for my newsletter. It's filled with so much good info. I can't wait to share it with you! Sign up here

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,