Monday, August 16, 2021

Me from 2013 vs. 2021

 2013 vs 2021๐Ÿคฏ

The picture on the left is a pic of me from 2013 three days before I went on my first date with my husband.

The picture on the right is a pic of me from a few days ago.

Obviously, thereโ€™s a difference between how I look in the two pictures.

First, thereโ€™s the obvious difference, and the one that we focus on first. The weight.

How many times do we see someone we know who has gained weight and think, โ€œTheyโ€™ve really let themselves goโ€.

You may even be thinking that about me now.๐Ÿคญ

And the truth is, I have let myself go.

โœ… In 2013โ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿพ Iโ€™d barely eaten fruit in 3 years because I was worried about how many grams of sugar it contained.

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿพ I weighed myself every morning, and decided if I was successful or not based on what the scale said.

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿพ I was hungry all the time, because I barely ate more than 1000 calories a day.

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿพ I obsessed about food constantly, because when you place almost every food on the forbidden list, food becomes all you can think about.

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿพ I exercised a lot, even when I didnโ€™t want to.

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿพ And I truly believed my ability to find and be loved by a man was based on my dress size.

โค๏ธSo yes, if you think Iโ€™ve let myself go, youโ€™re absolutely right.โค๏ธ

โœ…In 2021โ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿพ I eat fruit almost every day, because I LOVE FRUIT!

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿพ I rarely weigh myself anymore, because I donโ€™t need the stress.

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿพ I eat when Iโ€™m hungry (and stop when Iโ€™m full).

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿพ I no longer use control (or lack thereof) over food as my main way of dealing with life and my emotions.

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿพ I no longer think about food all day, and my brain is free to think about things I really love.

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿพ I eat out with my family, AND I eat the same food they eatโ€ฆnot just salads with no dressing.

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿพ I only exercise when I want to, and I donโ€™t think of it as a way to burn off the calories from what I ate.

๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿพ I know Iโ€™m worthy of being loved and accepted, just because I exist.

Iโ€™ve had to let go of a lot of things. And in the process, Iโ€™ve gained so much more.

If this post resonates with you, I want you to know that this is possible for you, too.

I can help you.๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

P.S. - If you're a woman who wants to learn more about self-love and body acceptance, sign up for my newsletter. It's filled with so much good info. I can't wait to share it with you! Sign up here


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,